Saturday, April 10, 2010

Reflections for 4/10/10

"Faith is not for overcoming obstacles; it is for experiencing them." (R. Rohr "Radical Grace" p. 154)

There doesn't seem to be a day, where what I hope to accomplish has something happen that prevents all that I want to get done, done. Of course sometimes I create my own obstacles and distractions, but there are other times that forces beyond my control get in the way.

And it is true in a much bigger sense than the day to day stuff. In our lives we seem to always have some obstacle in our way. Something that keeps us from achieving our goals, or even being fully human.

Faith doesn't prevent the obstacles, or even remove them. Faith does help me endure the obstacles until the solution or resolution occurs. And for me there is a big difference.

While I'd appreciate having a little less experience of obstacles, I'll use my faith, the gifts of the spirit, especially patience, to keep myself from becoming overwhelmed or discouraged.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment