Thursday, April 15, 2010

Reflections for 4/15/10

"Heal us from the lie. Heal us from the doubt. Heal us from the darkness. Heal us from untruth that controls us. Take us close to you today and teach us the truth. Accept our flaw, Lord that we cannot accept. Heal our wound. Forgive that fatal flaw, Lord, that we cannot forgive. Help us to forgive ourselves. None of us has become who we thought we wanted to be. We thought our life was going to be so different. Our judgement is not greater than yours. Free us to forgive what you so readily forgive. What you have let go of, help us not to hold on to." (R. Rohr "Radical Grace" p.158)



As someone who often gets caught up in the daydreams of what I'd like to be in the future, I sometimes forget to live in the present. If you were to go back in time and ask me to describe what I thought I would be at the age of 44, I don't know that I would have predicted what I am now.



I'm not even sure that I'll ever achieve even the ever evolving personal goals that I set. The question is will I be able to live with myself if I never become that person. Can I accept the forgiveness from God that allows me to work with and live with the who I am right now. Can I let go of the parts of the past that keep saying, what happened to that dream. Can I open my eyes, mind and heart to see new possibilities in the future, while enjoying and living fully in to today?



That again is where faith comes in. Can this old dog learn any new tricks from God, our even finally get the original lessons down.



Blessings,

Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment