Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Reflections for 4/28/10

"Until Christ is someone happening between people, the gospel remains largely an abstraction. Until he is passed on personally through faithfulness and forgiveness, through bonds of union, I doubt whether he is passed on at all."(R. Rohr "Radical Grace" p. 171)

One of those phrases that Christians like to use is the bringing people to Jesus. I don't know that I can name any one person, outside of my children that I have initiated a relationship with Christ for.
At least not in that way.

I would hope that through my actions towards others and the way I try to conduct my life and the value I place in my relationships that the light of Christ shines.

Hopefully along the way I've planted some seeds for those who had no connection to faith. Perhaps I've been fortunate enough to even deepen some people's faith, or helped them to see their relationship with God in a different way.

As is the case with the three relationships-God, neighbor, self-all need to be based in faithfulness and forgiveness. All three types deserve our best efforts.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment