Sunday, April 4, 2010

Reflections for 4/4/10

" If you have ever been rejected, you know how unlikely it is to come back into the midst of those who have said, We do not want you. Yet that's the eternal mystery we celebrate. God is always coming back into a world that for some unbelievable reason doe not want God."(R.Rohr "Radical Grace" p. 146)

Well I certainly have been rejected in my lifetime. Dumped by more than my share of girls before finding the right one. Rejected by plenty of jobs. Granted I've never been kicked out of any organization, and certainly never rejected in such a way that made me believe that someone wanted me dead.

Yet that is what happened to Jesus. But today we celebrated his showing up again, albeit in a new way. Easter for me is about letting go of what once was and embracing the where do we go from here.

No matter how many times things go wrong, somehow God seems to always show up, even when I think I can fix it by myself. That I don't need God or anyone else. It is simply a self-deception.

But on this absolutely beautiful day in Southern New Jersey, I certainly felt Jesus breaking on through, coming back again, even though he never really left.

The key will be to keep wanting him to stay.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment