Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Reflections for 6/28/10

"Unless you've made some commitments, unless you understand loyalty, that's the point where you're going to move out."(R. Rohr "Radical Grace" p. 232)

I often wonder if it is possible to be loyal to a fault. I believe I'm a fairly loyal person. Second point of the Boy Scout Law as I recall. I have maintained a loyalty to the vows that I've taken, baptismal, marriage and ordination.

I try as hard as possible to live out those vows. There are times when I forget that my loyalty is about me and does not necessarily need to be given back. Thankfully it for the most part has.

Loyalty does not mean finding no fault. For me it means sticking with something and trying to work through the problems and failings that occur in any and all relationships.

Sometimes I have been loyal to my own detriment. Sticking with a some product out of "loyalty" when a much better deal or product could be found.

Beyond the material things though, I have found that loyalty to God, family and friends, has been priceless.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment