Friday, August 1, 2014

Reflection for August 1, 2014

"I will lift up my eyes to the hills from where is my help to come?"(Psalm 121:1)

One of the hardest  things for many people to admit is that they need help.  We've been conditioned to believe that we should be able to help ourselves, that nothing is beyond our capabilities.  That to ask for help is a sign of weakness or failure.  Of course that is actually bunk.

The truth is that in one's life there are always moments where we need help.  And we'll look beyond ourselves for it.  And perhaps that is what is meant by lifting up eyes to the hills.  A belief that help comes from beyond the obvious.

As a person of faith, I do believe that my help will come from the Lord. That does not mean divine intervention, but the help can come because I see God involved in all aspects of life.  There exist people who have knowledge in areas that I don't and if I should need help in that area, thankfully there are people blessed with that talent.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment