Monday, August 18, 2014

Reflection for August 18, 2014

"And what I say to you, I say to all. Keep awake."(Mark 13:37)

Keeping awake is generally not a problem for me.  At least between the hours of 5 am and 10 pm.  I suppose this is true because I generally get enough sleep especially now that I have a CPAP machine.

I only drink one cup of coffee and I try to exercise.

Keeping awake of course means more than just not falling asleep.  It means to keep alert.  Have all of your senses engaged in the world around you.

To take the data those senses are sending and to make sense out of it.  To keep awake means to not shut yourself off from the realities of the world around you.  To keep awake is to value the presence of others in your life.

To keep awake is to ready when something unexpected, pleasant or otherwise occurs.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment