Monday, May 17, 2010

Reflections for 5/17/10

"The provident care of God is that God is working for our wholeness for our liberation, probably more than we. We can only keep our desire awakened, and keep ourselves out of the way so we can work together. It's co-creation spirituality. 'With such a God on our side, who can be against us?'(Romans 8:31)"(R. Rohr "Radical Grace" p. 187-188)

To a certain extent I'm an independent person. I don't want to be doing everything, but I have to keep reminding myself that it's okay to let others do things. In my best moments, I trust adults to do what they say they will and generally am not disappointed. Yet there's still that part of me that likes to be in control.

Allowing God to be a partner with me in working on Ed, is also hard. Our culture shuns dependent people, all the while creating them. And it is often hard to articulate how God is working in my life, yet I know that it is happening.

Keeping the desire for God's grace is not that hard. Allowing the Spirit to move in my life without trying to control it is always a challenge, though often a delight.

The one thing that I feel most assured of, is that one of my biggest fans is God. Encouraging, nudging and walking side by side with me.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment