Sunday, June 12, 2011

Reflections for 6/12/11

"Moments continue to go up in flames like the bush in Midian to illumine, if only for a moment, a path that stretches before us like no other path. And such moments call out in a voice which, if we only had courage and heart enough, we would follow to the end of time."(F. Buechner "Listening to Your Life." p. 156)

I'm always impressed by folks who know exactly what they want out of life. Who feel fairly certain of the path they are on.  Of course I've also seen the bottom fall out on some of them, and had to help them pick themselves up.

I'm not always certain of everything in life. There are times when I feel adrift. There are times when I'm not sure who I am or what I want to be when I grow up.  Yet there are also those times when there is a flash of clarity and the way is obvious, and when I'm most attentive I notice it and follow before it recedes again.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment