Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Reflections for 8/9/11

"It's hard to imagine that there's a believer anywhere who wouldn't have traded places with Thomas, given the chance, and seen that face and heard that voice and touched those ruined hands."(F. Buechner "Listening to Your Life" p.209)

I have a fairly lively and vivid imagination. I can visualize what a scene from a book looks like even if there aren't any pictures. I often go back in my mind and think about what I might do differently given a second chance at it.  I also love to imagine trips to far away places or that road trip around the country watching baseball.

The History Channel also feeds this urge, with its reenactments.  I can picture being at different times, just to observe, not to alter.

I'm sure as a believer there are scenes from the Bible that I'd love to witness.

What would you love to have seen? Who in history or fiction would you love to trade places with?  What in your past would you like to replay?  What dreams of the future keep you moving forward each day?

Blessings,
Ed

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't want to trade places with anyone, but if I could go back in time, I would do it in a N.Y. minute. It would be so good to go back to some of the happier times in my life, even if it is for a short time.

    ReplyDelete