Thursday, March 24, 2011

Reflections for 3/24/11

"'To lend each other a hand when we're falling,' Brendan said. 'Perhaps that's the only work that matters in the end.'"(F. Buechner "Listening to Your Life" p. 76)

At the moment I'm feeling overwhelmed.  I have so much on my plate and so many demands on my time, that the notion of falling doesn't seem foreign.

What I have to learn to do is allow others to help me.  Are there things that I'm taking on as my responsibility that actually aren't. Are there things that I could in fact delegate out, or may in fact be better done by someone else.

It is a very hard thing to do, allowing someone to help you.  Even when you know fully well that you need it. 

It is also very hard to be willing to lend that hand.  And yet somehow my faith almost requires it of me. And so does my shared humanity with others.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment