Monday, March 7, 2011

Reflections for 3/7/11

"Nothing I ever knew before and nothing I have ever come to know from then till now can match the holy mirth and madness of that time." (F.Buechner "Listening to Your Life" p.64)

I often see life as a roller coaster ride. Some ups some downs, but always moving. I don't know that I can  say that there was a high point in my life to which nothing has ever matched.  It isn't that each high point was better than the previous one, they are all just different.  They occurred at different times in my life and it almost is like comparing apples to oranges.

I know I wouldn't trade away any of those experiences.  I also try not to play can I top that.  Instead I look forward to the next experience.  I'll try not to compare it to some previous one, just enjoy it for what it is.

I hope life continues to be that roller coaster of up and down but moving.  And not one which hits a high point to which I then feel it just goes down hill from there.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment