Saturday, January 10, 2015

Reflection for January 10, 2015

"We first experience beauty usually in the things that surround us. Sometimes in sensible things, other times in the transparncye of a look or a glance that reveals a soul full of light.(Reflections for Ragamuffin January 10)

I have in my life seen some very beautiful things.  I lucked out in getting to travel around this country as a child on summer vacations.  We live in an amazing part of the world.  I hope to as grow older see some more of the beauty of this planet of ours.

I have also known some truly beautiful people and still know some.  Folks who are beautiful on the inside and outside.  There are folks of course who are beautiful in one and not the other, and it is a greater pleasure to encounter the people who are beautiful on the inside.

There are times even when almost all of us are able to even exhibit moments of beauty.  If we're blessed we can do it more than once.

I think it is just as important to be able to see the beauty.  When I choose to look for that rather than focus on the ugly, the wrong, I have a greater chance of being more beautiful myself.

God created us in God's image.  That image should be beautiful!  And since it is that image we share with others we are called to see their beauty as well.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment