Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Reflection for January 19, 2015

"The axis of the Christian moral revolution is love, and it is the only sign given by Jesus by which the disciple would be recognized."(Reflection for Ragamuffins January 19)

There is a youth gathering song that I recall where the chorus went something like "they will know we are Christians by our love, by our love."  And certainly when I'm surrounded by other Christians, especially those of my own part of the body of Christ, I sense that kind of knowledge.  I can respect differences of opinion and am willing to walk a mile with that brother and sister to try and understand them.

I have noticed that it is not the easiest thing to live into with every Christian I meet.  I find it hard to do with those who not only disagree with me, but have decided I need to be treated in a way that is anything but loving.  Harsh words, finger pointing, questioning my faith, I get a little weary of it.  I also know that those outside of the body of Christ when they see us treating each other that way, can hardly feel drawn to want to be a part of it.

Because I take my faith seriously I will continue to strive to be loving towards my neighbor.  I will try to turn the other cheek even when the injury is coming from someone who is supposed to be loving to me as well.

Is it easy no.  Is it the best way to be true to the mind of Christ, absolutely.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment