Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Reflection for January 26 , 2015

"Herein lies the genius of legalistic religion-making primary matters secondary and secondary matters primary."(Reflections for Ragamuffins January 26)

When I think of what is important to me about my faith, the following come to mind, praying regularly, weekly reception of communion, regular reading and meditating on scripture and seeking opportunities to visit the lonely, clothe the naked, feed the hungry etc.

What is not important to me is focusing in on rules and making sure that others follow.  Banging a drum on about rules that have no application to me at all, while ignoring or explaining away the one's that do.

Freedom in Christ, obtained through the cross, allows me to live without that checklist.  It is not a do anything you want freedom by any means, but an invitation to live fully without fear of crossing some line.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment