Thursday, January 15, 2015

Reflection for January 14, 2015

"Our human experience tells us that Jesus could not have done that if he always wore the solemn face of a mourner or the stern mask of a judge, if his face did not often crease into a smile and his whole body erupt in merry laughter."(Reflections for Ragamuffins January 14)

The this that Manning refers to is people being drawn to Jesus.  True we don't get a 24/7 view of Jesus, but the truly human Jesus had to have laughed if for no other reason than he hung out with people who did funny things.  The overly enthusiastic Peter, how many times do you suppose caused a chuckle?

I can only imagine how many times I have made Christ laugh.  Sometimes at, but not in a mocking way, sometimes with.

As humans we will be drawn to others who know how to laugh, smile and we can possibly hear from them when they aren't so merry or have something hard to say to us.

I try to be more of a laughing with others and at myself kind of guy.  If you catch me being more of a downer or very stern for a long period of time, please worry about me, because something will be really wrong.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment