Friday, January 2, 2015

Reflection for January 2, 2015

"Jesus reveals to us a God who is not indifferent to human agony, a God who fully embraces the human condition and plunges into the thick of our human struggle."(Reflections for Ragamuffins January 2.)

Nobody knows what it is like to be someone else.  We sometimes don't even know ourselves very well.  We may think that we know a lot about another person, but we really only know what they choose to let us know and that may not be completely honest.

One of the most wonderful aspects of following Christ for me is that God really does know what its like to be human.  The incarnation makes it easier for me to relate with that God.  I am dealt with compassionately because God gets it.  I'm given another chance regularly because God wants me to be the best I can be. 

God knows how to be present with me on my best days and with me on my worst and everything in between.  God doesn't make my life easier, God just eases the burden.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment