Friday, January 9, 2015

Reflection for January 9, 2015

"What would God say? What is the feedback from your creator?"(Reflections for Ragamuffins January 9)

I'm a regular practitioner of prayer.  I tend to be consistent with saying Morning Prayer.  I note that my prayers in the morning tend to be about things that I anticipate happening during the day, and always a prayer for personal motivation and focus.

I wonder though what praying at the end of the day would look like.  Would it be more confessional.  Here's the things I've done (good or bad), here's the things left undone (good or bad).  I know that in the end the final prayer would be give me the strength to do better tomorrow or to keep it going.

I have a hunch that the feedback for me from God would be much like the parts of Revelation when the different churches get addressed.  There would be some "well done good and faithful servant," moments, but there also would be some you are "a white washed tomb."

The feedback I would also know will never be, as long as I'm on my earthly pilgrimage, the final answer.  It will be an invitation to try again, to keep going, and to be always honest in the self assessment of how this faith journey is playing itself out.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment