Sunday, January 11, 2015

Reflection for January 11, 2015

"If our faith is going to be criticized let it be for the right reasons."(Reflections for Ragamuffin January 11)

I'm not really a big fan of having my faith criticized.  I don't mean the Christian faith, but how I practice and live out my faith.  I certainly can listen to and engage criticism of Faith, because I might have an answer to that.  And I can engage it when I'm not feeling dismissed.

But when my personal faith is under critique my defenses do go up.  It may be because the criticism is usually coming from a fellow believer who doesn't talk about or practice their faith in the same way I do.  And comes to the conclusion that I'm not a Christian.  The weird thing is I'm probably being criticized for the right things.  The belief that Christ calls us to service of others.  That worship can be joyful, heartfelt and traditional.  That my belief in Christ is not threatened by others not believing.  That my faith is big enough to allow for all sorts and conditions of people to share it.

If I get lethargic in my faith, I hope a fellow pilgrim will give me a jolt and get me moving again.  And I hope that I can stay true to my relationship with Christ as I have come to live it, whether others see it that way or not.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment