Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Reflection for January 13, 2015

"The inner life of Jesus Christ took expression in a special, vital quality of presence in the world in the most active situations."(Reflections for Ragamuffins January 13)

So what's going on inside of you?  It's a question we might ask ourselves regularly.  Do we pay enough attention to our inner life, our spiritual and emotional health if you will?  I try to be attentive to that part of me, in order to be able to do and maintain the level of activity I enjoy.

If I'm constantly doing, but rarely reflecting,  I wonder if I'm not coming to close to resembling one of my favorite Loony Toons characters, the Tazmanian Devil.  Spinning out of control only stopping momentarily to catch my breath.

But if all I do is pay attention to the inner life, and never get out side of myself and my own comfort zone, I'm not very useful or productive.

That relationship with Christ compels and nourishes me to do the work I've been created to do.  I enjoy being present in my world, actively engaged with others.  But I'm spirtually mature enough to know to recharge the batteries regularly.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment