Monday, January 12, 2015

Reflection for January 12, 2015

"Procrastination only prolongs self-hatred."(Reflection for Ragamuffins January 12)

I don't hate myself.  Heck I don't hate much of anything.  I certainly get frustrated and angry with myself from time to time no doubt.

One of the greatest personal frustrations does arise when I put things off until it is almost too late.  Or I miss opportunities by waiting.  When I take charge and accept the challenges of my day and do what I need to do, I'm generally more productive and a lot less frustrated.  I even deal better with failure when I know I gave it my best shot.

If I were in a self-hating mode I suppose that putting off doing something about it really would only prolong it.  Hoping that it would work itself out with no effort on my part is delusional.  Yes as a Christian I am called to hear Christ's words "neither do I condemn you, go and sin no more."  I can use that quote because sin is not only the things we do, but the things left undone, the things put off or avoided.  And it is those times that I need to hear those words of invitation and get back on track.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment