Thursday, January 22, 2015

Reflection for January 22, 2015

"To live peacefully without clarity or assurance, to stop grandstanding and trying to get attention."(Reflections for Ragamuffins January 22)

I tend to spend a lot of my life, in the grays.  Those places in life that are not always clear.  Certainty and immediate answers are rarely my companion.  I deep desire to no more clearly I have, but I realize that in order to get to that place you have live non anxiously in that gray area.

It can be a lonely place because you tend to not notice that others are there as well.  I think this may be because we are often surrounded by the noise of grandstanding, of folks who proclaim things with such absolute certainty and rail against those of us who aren't as convinced.

There are things that I do feel certain of, love from God, my wife, my parents and my children.  And it is those things that keep me centered when I'm in that gray area.  I don't need to make bold statements nor do I need attention to get me through those times.  But acknowledging my fellow gray area dwellers and encouraging them as well, helps to maintain my peace.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment