Monday, January 5, 2015

Reflection for January 5, 2015

"In times of opposition, rejection, hatred, and danger he retreated to that hiding place where he was loved."(Reflections for Ragamuffins January 5)

One of the things I don't have at the moment is a place to retreat to.  A part of me envies folks who have an escape pod, a place to go when they just need to recharge, or renew.  When I'm feeling overwhelmed I try to reach out and at least find a friend to confide in.  I may take a walk.  I often retreat to a place of prayer.

I also know that in those times when I feel like singing the worm song, "nobody likes me, everybody hates me, I guess I'll go eat worms."  I remind myself that this isn't entirely true.  I have a wife who loves me, children who love me, and God who loves me.  That doesn't mean that I might not face opposition, rejection, hatred or danger in my life. But it does mean that they don't have the last say.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment