Sunday, February 6, 2011

Reflections for 2/6/11

"The Bible, as he presented it, is a book finally about ourselves, our own apostasies, our own battles and blessings." (F. Buechner "Listening to Your Life" p. 36)

One of many things that I find compelling about scripture is that I can see myself in it.  Those times that I get things right as well as the times that I fall short of the mark.

It shows me how I can be faithful, as well as how easy it is to turn away.  I will from time to time place myself as one of the characters and ask, what would I have done. I know what I'd like to believe I'd do, but then there's always reality.

Scripture is a living document for me because it is my story, the story of a human attempting to be in relationship with God.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment