Friday, September 19, 2014

Reflection for September 19, 2014

"Even though you intended to do harm to me, God intended it for good."(Genesis 50:20)

One of the harder things in life to get is that not everyone has your best interests at heart.  I certainly have experienced people who have done things intentionally to me or said things about me that just weren't true in order to hurt me in some way.

It is also true that from time to time bad things happen to us.  Things beyond our control that make us say why me?  It is also true that when the initial pain of the experience ways off, we sometimes see a different outcome emerge, one that we would not have expected given the circumstances that surrounded us.  And there are even times when something good miraculously occurs and a new and incredible chapter in our lives begins.

It certainly is not easy to see it at first.  Generally it is obvious in hindsight.  Yet there happens for all of us either a learning or a new direction that emerges from the folly of others towards us, or sometimes even our own foolish choices.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment