Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Reflection for September 23, 2014

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer."(Psalm 19:14)

Whenever I preach I begin with this verse.  Others say in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. But for me asking that what I say and what I've though and prepared will be acceptable to God.

I'd like to believe that every thing that comes out of my mouth would be acceptable, but I know it isn't.  There are times when I say cruel and hurtful things deliberately.  There are times when I say things that do not reflect well on who I am and perhaps show a shadow side of me that I'm not as proud of.

Same is true of my thoughts.  I'd like to believe I think in ways that would be acceptable to God, but I know that isn't true all the time.  I can be distracted by things that aren't in line with what God would have me do.  That if I gave action to them might reflect poorly on me.

So I pray every day that most of my words, most of my thoughts and my actions are heading in a God direction.  And try very hard to limit those that aren't.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment