Monday, September 29, 2014

Reflection for September 29, 2014

"Little by little I will drive them out from before you, until you increase and possess the land."(Exodus 23:30)

One of the things I've been coached to do in my daily exercise is to pace myself.  To not rush through my routines.  That slow and steady approach is actually better for my muscles and my cardio.  Same is true for any large project, when I take my time work on it a little each day, it gets done without being done sloppily and again without burning me out.

Change within ourselves and change in the world we live in is often more successful when it is done little by little.  Rapid change makes us feel unsteady.  Too much paradigm shifting is usually more than we can bear in a short period of time.  But the change that is gradual the one that almost goes unnoticed I find is often the longest lasting.  It has time to become the new norm and doesn't really give a reason to look back longingly on what was.

The reason God often takes time with us and patiently helps us to little by little make the changes we need, is that he know, as we also know, that some times the best and most beautiful things in life take time.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment