Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Reflections for 8/23/10

"Free us from our fears. Put your arms around us and call us each by name."(R. Rohr "Radical Grace" p. 286)

I don't have any particular phobias. There are of course anxiety producing moments in my life. I don't live in a box after all.

I'm aware that when those anxieties start to paralyze me that fear is just around the corner. And I know that fear is what will often keep me from taking risks, trying something new. But in those times when I take those first steps it is because I can hear that still small voice saying, "come on Ed, time to move, time to trust, don't be afraid."

I don't whistle happy tunes to mask my fears. But I get a good song in my heart and head because of the loving embrace of God that is far superior a feeling than the stranglehold of fear.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment