Monday, August 9, 2010

Reflections for 8/9/10

"If they could believe, perhaps we can believe in our very ordinary-looking lives that God could somehow be taking flesh in us."(R. Rohr "Radical Grace" p. 273)

Believing in the presence of God when things are going incredibly well and things feel new and fresh seems pretty easy. When going through a rough patch, a valley period, a time of real testing, it is often believing in God that can pull us through. But how about those days that look the same. They are not filled with highs or lows, just ares. In the plainness of being me, the parts that aren't all that exciting, the parts that just get done the things that need to get done, can I still hold onto the belief that God is working in and through me?

I haven't gotten into such a rut, where I don't sense God's presence. While my life doesn't always feel extraordinary, I know that I really appreciate the unique even more so because of getting through the same old same old. And actually find that in some ways that daily routine is exactly where I best incarnate the image of God.

So I'll celebrate the highs, persevere through the lows, but each day even if it doesn't look that exciting on paper, try to approach it as if it should be the best day of my life.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment