Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Reflections for 8/25/10

"Give us Lord, through the experiences of human life, the hearts to understand."(R. Rohr "Radical Grace" p.288)

There was a song by Everlast called What it's like. It told of various situations where folks might be inclined to judge another person and then inviting them to walk in those shoes and find out What its really like.

There are many experiences of others that are not mine. I have not lived below the poverty line. I have rarely experienced exclusion based on my race or gender. There have been times of listening to the stories of those who have that have given me a heart to understand.

The more I experience life, the good and the bad, the more I am able to understand with a compassionate heart, what others are going through. I can't usually fix it, but I can offer to walk with them through those journeys. Perhaps gaining a little experience and a greater understanding.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment