Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Reflections for 10/12/10

"Humanity tends to project its inner wolrd onot the outer world. If yo're always seeing people out there, let's say, as two-faced, then very likely you're two-faced. If you're always seeing people as hard and demanding, I bet you're hard and demanding on yourself and you believe God is hard and demanding on you. We see out there what's already in our minds. Yet the healing ministyr of Jesus was to give us new eyes so we could begin to live in the truth and see the real. With the eyes of Christ we accept and forgive our real self instead of hating it in others."(R.Rohr "Radical Grace" p.337)

Projection. A term made popular by Jung, but been around for a lot longer than that. Jesus often points to getting stuff out of your own eyes before you come poking at others.

Another phrase that comes to mind is that "me thinks he protesteth too much." The more somebody screams about those people and spends all their waking moments obsessing about them, one wonders if in fact they might be "one of them." Whatever them is.

I try not to project my self-depricating thoughts out onto others. I'm usually to busy poking fun at myself, which for the record is probably not normal or healthy either.

I do believe that there is still alot of interior work that I need to do. It's probably what keeps me from worrying about what might be wrong about someone else.
I'm happy to help someone who asks for a critique, but will not just throw it out there.

St. Paul was right when he wrote in Romans "how dare you judge a brother or sister when you yourself are doing the very same thing."

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment