Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Reflections for 10/26/10

"How much do I have to protect? How much public image, self-image, possessions, security, comforts, future? These tell me how rich and how poor I am."(R.Rohr "Radical Grace" p. 350)

I don't think I have very much to protect. Certainly not in material things. When I look at Fr. Rohr's list I'm not even sure those things need to be protected. I believe I have a decent public image. Certainly in my one square mile town, I am well known and thought well of. I don't know what most folks think of me outside of my little sphere of influence.

My self-image fluctuates, though I try to keep positive, I am certainly my own worst critic.

Possessions I've already covered. Nothing worth stealing here.

Comforts. I eat regularly and have a roof over my head. I'd say I'm rich there.

Future, seems positive. My career is not dead. My health is good, though could be better. I generally feel optimistic.

I suppose in many ways I am rich, but it may be that in fact I'm securely middle class, just like my income level would indicate. I don't have too much, but I have enough.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment