Friday, October 15, 2010

Reflections for 10/15/10

"Notice in the twentieth chapter of John: Peter (the Church) gets to the tomb late (after the lover, John) and finally believes. It's always been that way, I guess. Simple love sees and believes even before the Church. But at least we finally get there and back it up!"(R.Rohr "Radical Grace" p. 340)

Most of us have probably known someone or at least witnessed someone who was "ahead of their time." The ideas they had, they causes they advocated, may not have been popular at that moment, but eventually everyone else caught up.

I don't know if I'm an ahead of my time person or not. I'm oftne fascinated by how sometimes something that I do, or say, becomes fashionable after I've done it. And then I go into Eeyore mode and wonder why I didn't get the credit. Then I move onto the next thing.

I love when the light bulb goes on for the Church. It's fun to see us scramble as we continuosly rediscover, what are core Gospel issues, that the secular world is addressing, and then embrace them and put our resources behind it.

It does make me wonder why we don't see these things at the beginning though. Perhaps it is better to catch up, than it is to stand still and miss the race completely.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment