Saturday, October 30, 2010

Reflections for 10/30/10

"We rail against that and fight it every day becasue there's a very large part of us that wants the the world to be right and wants the world to be perfect in a way it will never be. Andy maybe it doesn't need to be."(R.Rohr "Radical Grace" p. 354)

When I think of the things that frustrate me, most tie into a lack of perfection and a lack of things being the way I would want them to be.

That frustration is for the most part a judgement on myself. I do not like the feeling that I can't make everything right, or that very little in life is ever perfect. Yes I have experienced periods of great joy and contentment. I have also experienced the opposite and the two sometimes feel like they cancel each other out.

There are of course other reasons that all is not right with the world and why things aren't perfect. Most of those are totally out of my control. A feeling of contentment though can be attained by understanding that it is beyond my control, and perhaps it is better off that way It can also be said that those things are also a reminder that things could be better and to get motivated to change my self and to use my gifts in ways to influence that change.

True there is not perfect place. And nothing can ever make everything right. I am called to enjoy those times that seem close to the ideal as possible, to change the things that I can, and let go of things that I can nothing about.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment