Monday, November 29, 2010

Reflections for 11/29/10

"Wholeness of God is to be found everywhere, but it is only apparent as every part learns to love every other part. I suspect that those who by grace can recognize the Lord within their own puny souls will be the same who will freely and intelligently affirm the Lord's presence in the body of Jesus and the body of the universe."(R.Rohr "Radical Grace" p.4)

While I'm a confirmed Trinitarian in my belief system, I do see the image of God in most of the world around me. I don't believe that these individual things are God, but that they reveal something of the nature of God, and in my appreciation and love for them the whole image of God begins to come together.

I can also recognize where God is a part of me as well. I can also see very clearly the aspects of my life that mar that image. I am also capable of acknowledging that There is enough of God to go around and that Ed doesn't have the corner on God's presence.

One way that I can respect the dignity of every human being is to acknowledge freely and intelligently the presence of God in others. Whether they recognize that presence or not, is for them to decide.

If more of us would spend time finding what is right in our world and celebrating it and nourishing it, instead of wasting spiritual, emotional and intellectual energy on what we perceive is wrong, the wholeness of God in omnipresence would be seen.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment