Friday, April 1, 2011

Reflections for 4/1/11

"if you want to know who you are, watch your feet. Because where your feet take you, that is who you are." (F. Buechner "Listening to Your Life" p. 86)

Okay my feet, where do they take me?  First all around my house.  I am a member of a family I play a role in relationship to three other humans. I am also a cat owner so my feet take me to the door to let them out and to the kitchen to feed them.

I walk most mornings with two other guys. I'm a social person.

I walk to work, not because I'm environmentally driven, but because my office is 100 feet from my front door.  I know I'm a priest because I walk there.

When I leave the car I will walk to the ball park. I'm a sports fan.

I love to walk in the woods, I'm an outdoorsy type.

My feet haven't failed me yet.

And since I consider all of life a walk with God, I must be a person of faith.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment