Saturday, December 25, 2010

Reflections for 12/25/10

"The incarnation of Jesus demonstrates that God meets us where we are. It assures us that we do not have to leave the world or relignquish our humanity in order to know God, but simly that we must turn from evil."(R.Rohr "Radical Grace" p.31)

God meeting me where I am. As someone for whom faith has been a life long adventure, I understand this. As a child God met me in the stories of scripture, in the mystery of worship, in being an acolyte, singing in the choir. Saw that shy little boy, with the coke bottle glasses, who just wanted to be liked, and loved him.

God met me as a teenager, not as a rebel, but as someone who had walls built that needed to be broken down. Who said the image your presenting is not who I called you to be.

God met me in college, and said I'm sending you away from all you've ever known, however, I will give you a faith community and a new set of friends to journey with. And the person I really am started to emerge.

God continues to meet me as an adult. With each new challenge, each change in circumstance, promising that I will be given no task that I cannot handle, and the strength and skill to do it.

Perhaps the greatest Christmas gift for me has always been the presence of God in my life.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment